Virtustream (www.virtustream.com) is the enterprise-class cloud software and service provider trusted by enterprises worldwide to migrate and run their mission-critical applications in the cloud. For enterprises, service providers and government agencies, only Virtustream's xStream™ cloud management platform (CMP) software and Infrastructure-as-a-Service (IaaS) meet the security, compliance, performance, efficiency and consumption-based billing requirements of complex production applications in the cloud - whether private, public or hybrid. The company is headquartered in Washington D.C. with offices in San Francisco, Atlanta, London, Geneva, Dubai and software development centers in Kaunas, Lithuania and Pune, India. Virtustream owns and operates data centers in the U.S. and Europe with service provider partner data centers in Latin America, the Middle East and Asia. Virtustream was acquired by EMC Corporation on July 9, 2015.
The Performance Test Engineer is responsible for driving, creating and executing performance testing strategies for Virtustream applications. This position requires an individual with a performance QA background, analytical abilities, and multitasking skills to work in a collaborative environment towards resolving complex problems. Candidates should be able to function effectively in a self-directed and creative manner with minimal supervision. Excellent communication skills, an energetic and positive attitude, strong team skills, and an ability to learn fast are a must. Responsibilities include, but are not limited to, writing performance test plans, designing tests, documenting test cases, configuring a test environment, executing tests, and interpreting test results.
Responsibilities and Essential Duties:
• Consult with feature teams (Development and business owners) to proactively analyze system performance and obtain information on limitations / capabilities, performance requirements, hardware & software interfaces to develop specifications and resolve technical issues related to performance.
• Conduct Architectural & Technical reviews during software development life cycle and provide suggestions for performance improvements.
• Conduct system performance and stress testing, work with stakeholders determining the volume to be used during the performance test.
• Analyze the CPU Utilization, Memory usage, thread usage, Garbage collection, and DB connection to verify the performance of the Application.
• Should be capable to utilize performance/monitoring tools, analyzing results, resolving performance related issues to include optimization and tuning recommendations.
• Plan approach and test strategy for performance testing by identifying workflows and system characteristics to be performance tested and ensure they are reflected in the test scope
• Plan and manage deliverables for: performance diagnostics, capacity planning, performance architecture design, performance tuning, and performance monitoring.
• Work closely with development on the design and implementation of enhancements based on the tuning recommendations.
• Work with ‘Service Owners’ to optimize the configuration of clients, servers, and networking equipment to enable system/application performance across the enterprise.
• Distill volumes of data, analyzes performance results, diagnoses performance problems, suggest improvements, and clearly characterize system performance to stakeholders.
• Responsible for capacity estimation/planning, modeling, monitoring, analyzing and recommending solutions to performance problems with enterprise business applications.
• Experience with monitoring tool such as Wily, Dynatrace, AppDynamics, etc..
• Experience with testing Application or Infrastructure Performance.
• Experience Software Development or Testing
• Experience with using and setting up performance testing tools such as LoadRunner, Jmeter, Neoload, etc..
• Experience with using protocols such as HTTP/HTML and Web Services.
• Performance Engineering methodology and software testing experience
• An ability to work in a fast, agile and nimble environment with frequent change
• Excellent communication and organizational skills
• Must be able to write clear and concise technical documents
• Ability to identify system bottlenecks, architectural risks, and issues
• Excellent problem solving and critical thinking skills
• Experience working in a Linux environment
• Experience working in Java or Python a plus
• Experience with shell scripting a plus
• Experience in Cloud Computing and Cloud Management is a plus
• Previous experience testing software/hardware interaction.
• Experience with virtual testing environments such as VMware and MS Hyper-V preferred.
• Scripting experience using one or more of the following: Python, VBScript, JScript, C++, or C# a plus.
• Ability to analyze and interpret technical data
• Experience tuning Java or .NET applications a plus
• Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Information Systems or other related degree or equivalent work experience.